Sunday, December 4, 2011

Super Elf!



It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... SUPER MR. J! This is the adventure that caused me to crack open a bottle of wine. It was a logistical nightmare. I had the cape done several days before. I took my time on it because I want to last for the next several years. The cape will be packed away with Mr. Jingles! The eye mask I did last minute because I thought it would be easy. Not. To get it to look right you have to cut the nose out very close to the eye holes. I was using big adult sized scissors and I snipped several eye holes. *sigh* Then I had assumed that hanging the elf would be super easy. Again, not. I had initially planned on hanging him from the ceiling fan but the blades were not spaced properly for me to get that flying appearance. Or I was just to frustrated and gave up. So the kitchen light won, after at least 40 minutes of me tying and retying until I was mostly satisfied with the look. However, Alex's smiles, laughs, and excitement made the whole thing worth while.



No comments:

Post a Comment