Wednesday, December 7, 2011

S'mores Please!


I came across this idea on Pinterest I believe. It showed their elf roasting a marshmallow over a tea light candle. Well my child hops out of bed and immediately goes looking for Mr. Jingles and I prefer not to be up before him so real fire was not an option. And of course I had to go above and beyond. So the campfire is simply cardboard with dirt on it, an electric tea light candle, rocks stacked around it to hide the base, and some broken up twigs on top. Oh, and his scarf is a piece of an old fuzzy sock. RIP green fuzzy sock. I did however sustain an injury during the making of this adventure. I now remember why I generally use aim-a-flames instead of regular lighters. While attempting to "toast" my marshmallow, I learned the metal wheel thingy becomes hot, very fast. And if you continue to try and flick said scorching hot thingy to get your marshmallow just right, you will end up with a burn and blister on your finger tip. Just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment